Isabelle Hauser: Week 4

 

    Week four, time is flying, and I am definitely having fun. It is crazy to think that we are approaching the halfway mark of our internships. This week, I spent a lot of time listening and learning about programs that could happen or that are already in motion.

    Tuesday, I attended a meeting with the Mountain Laurel Garden Club to hear from Dr.Raupp, or more casually known as "the bug guy." During his presentation, he introduced us to many different bugs and insects. Through his discussion, he tests your perspectives on bugs and helps you realize each of their purposes, whether it be a pollinator or a predator. Dr.Raupp organizes a "bug of the week" blog and a youtube channel, which I found really cool and think everyone needs to check out. He is also an avid videographer and photographer in entomology and enjoys sharing his work so much that he wrote a children's book. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to his presentation, sharing his knowledge, and changing how I think about bugs.

    Wednesday, I spent the morning at our local farmers' market, grabbing pictures and video clips to create promotional content for the summer. While getting pictures, I had the opportunity to talk to some of the producers about their operations, and also share a little about our internship. For this, I definitely had to step out of my comfort zone a little because I don't know much about content creation. After coming back to the office, I tried my hand at editing some and merging clips to hopefully be able to release stuff in the coming weeks. 

    During our weekly connection, we discussed the use of AI and its effects on the environment. Our presenter then offered solutions to how we can decrease these effects and use AI more effectively in the workforce. In our lives now, we are surrounded by technology for either personal or professional use. This week, technology led me to learn about the ways of Canva Video and using it to create reels. With our ever-changing world, it can be hard to keep up with everything, but that's why learning is such a valuable skill.

Comments