My Name is Isabelle Hauser, I am 19 years old, from the Garrett County, MD/Preston County, WV area. My experience with agriculture is just about everything from showing livestock to various leadership events through 4-H and FFA. I have grown up working on my family's generational dairy farm, where I have also raised market lambs and hogs for county fairs. In addition to showing market animals, I began showing a string of dairy heifers and cows that I now exhibit at the county, state, and national levels.
I recently graduated from Potomac State College with an associate's degree in Agriculture Extension and Education. I will continue my education at West Virginia University with hopes of teaching agriculture at the high school level. My end goal for my career is to instill a love for agriculture within my future students that will allow them to stay within whichever sector of the industry they choose. This summer, I will be stationed out of the Garrett County office, working under Jennifer Bentlejewski. Through my internship, I will be working with several different areas, such as the Master Gardener Program, Nourishing Neighbor programs, and various 4-H events. Before starting in this position, my experience with extension was primarily through 4-H, or helping with various events. This summer's experience with various extension programs will give me insight into what extension is really about and how flexible they can be in helping the community. I also hope to further my knowledge of each sector of agriculture, having the opportunity to network with farmers, environmentalists, and community and youth organization members. I feel that sometimes you are able to gain the most by connecting with people through their own experiences. As an aspiring Agriculture educator, I think my involvement working in the office and with extension programs will impact me in a way that I can pass what I have learned to my future students. It will allow me to make industry connections, which may be beneficial to me both in the classroom and beyond. I am excited to continue working and learning throughout the summer.
Pictured below is my first registered Brown Swiss, "Obella", who has become my best showmanship partner over the last few years.
Comments
Post a Comment